The mission of the Mammoth Lakes Chamber of Commerce is to foster a business environment that promotes business development, supports established businesses, and encourages new businesses and investment within the Town of Mammoth Lakes.
We represent more than 200 businesses, everyone from the solo entrepreneur to the biggest employers and economic generators in town. An annual Chamber membership starts at $250 and has the potential to return more than $4,000 worth of benefits to your business. See the list of Chamber membership benefits for each tier.
The Chamber serves as the primary source of support and resource for a resilient year-round business community through the following goals and objectives.
Creating a strong, vibrant local economy
Helping our members grow their businesses and their networks:
- Holding educational workshops for businesses through the Power Lunch series
- Creating a business retention and expansion survey program to identify the business community’s issues and challenges and develop strategies to address those issues
- Establishing the Chamber website as the go-to business resource for the Mammoth Lakes area
- Pursuing opportunities to diversity our economy, especially through Digital 395 broadband access
- Promoting and advocating for our local tourism industry with programs like the Peak Performance Program, designed to elevate the visitor’s experience when interacting with business owners and their staff
- Establishing a mentor program with local business experts to assist new and existing businesses
- Providing members with quality networking and advertising opportunities to market their businesses
- Recruiting hosts for a new member mentoring program and to act as the face of the Chamber to local and visiting communities
- Encouraging member participation in the Chamber community
Being an active and effective partner with local and regional economic development organizations:
- Developing relationships with local and regional economic and workforce development agencies – SBA, SCORE, SBDC, Town of Mammoth Lakes, Mono County, Sierra Business Council, Cerro Coso Community College, Eastern Sierra Workforce Investment Board, Mammoth Unified School District and others
- Being a concierge of partner programs to the business community
- Developing partnerships with neighboring chambers
Being the voice for the business community
- Ensuring the Chamber and the local business community are represented at all Town Council meetings
- Establishing relationships with all relevant elected officials: local, regional, state and national
- Establishing the Chamber as the local leader in economic and workforce development issues in Mammoth Lakes
- Partnering with local agencies in economic and workforce projects to expand reach and impact of programs
- Providing leadership for the Mammoth Lakes business community concerning the development of workforce housing
Working with members to be a sustainable leader for the business community
- Working consistently with the membership committee to review membership requirements, levels and benefits to best serve the Mammoth Lakes business community
- Reviewing existing non-dues income programs and identifying new non-dues income programs to find new income streams
- Communicating opportunities to the membership for involvement in committees and task forces to accomplish the goals and objectives of the organization
- Developing a five year plan for the Mammoth Lakes Chamber of Commerce to thrive and grow to continue serving as a primary advocate for businesses in Mammoth Lakes
- The Chamber works closely with Mammoth Lakes Tourism, the Mono County Tourism Department, and Mammoth Mountain Ski Area to promote tourism and visitation to Mammoth.
- The Chamber provides thorough weekly and daily communications through Monday morning emails and our Facebook page.
- The Chamber actively promotes member businesses through walk-in, website, telephone and email referrals and references to visitor inquiries.
The Mammoth Lakes Chamber of Commerce has an elected board of directors who meet once a month on the second Wednesday of the month from 3:00 to 5:00 pm in the conference room at the offices of Mammoth Lakes Tourism. The Mammoth Lakes Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit 501(c)(6) corporation.
For more information call or email the Chamber at (760) 934-2712 or firstname.lastname@example.org.